Monday, September 30, 2013

Temperate Grassland/Cold Desert

December 17-31, 2013

Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States.






 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Packing List: Winter coat, Warm pants, wool hat, warm gloves, comfortable shoes
 
Adventures: I am surprised at how cold this area is. By looking around I assumed that it would be rather warm based on the plants I see. I have spotted many kinds of grass and shrubs that look more prepared for warmer climates. I have see a few buffalo here but they seem to be slowed by the cold. I have not see many smaller  animals, but I am sure they are hiding in the tall grasses. The area is generally pretty flat which allows these large animals to graze where ever they please. I seen a large group grazing as far as my eyes could see.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment