Monday, September 30, 2013

Tropical Seasonal Forest/Savanna

January 18-31, 2014

Kabwe, Zambia





























Packing List: Comfortable shoes, jacket, cargo shorts, cargo pants, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.


Adventures: My first thought when I arrived at this location was how much it looked like the area in Lion King. There were zebras and other animals grazing all over the place. After travelling a little further, I found a pride of lions under the shade of some trees. The vegetation here changed from grasslands to a mildly dense forest of trees. There were so many different animal sounds coming from multiple directions. The whole area seem to be full of life, from large elephants to the smallest bugs. With the warm weather, I could imagine myself staying there for a very long time.

http://bioexpedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Savanna_Biome_600.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment